Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sometimes That's Just the Way it Goes...

Okay, I'll be honest...I'm kind of in a funk today. I thought I was doing pretty well on this diet (ahem...lifestyle change). I mean, losing 2-3 lbs. per week (without exercise, mind you), = some pretty good willpower...at least it does to me.

This week I've been anticipating (WARNING: this will be TMI for a few of you men out there) a visit from my favorite Aunt and I've slacked a bit. I want to reassure you that when I say I've "slacked", I have not eaten a donut or even had a diet coke...I have just consumed more pasta than normal (albeit whole wheat) and have snacked a tad bit more on items that did not fall into the fruits and vegetables category. At any rate...I'm not down this week so far but I'm not up either...which is a feat considering water weight is a given during this special time.

I want to do something a little different here. I'm not in the mood to relay all my food choices but I'll just say I have been relatively consistent with other weeks. Sometimes when you're in a funk, the best thing to do is to focus on the positive...so here goes:

1) There were cupcakes (with frosting about 2 inches thick on them) at a meeting this morning and I didn't even glance at the table.

2) I've been putting less creamer in my coffee every day, thereby cutting extra sugar and calories.

3) A friend at work remarked the other day that my pants looked like they were "falling off me" and my mom said the same thing last night (I will buy a few "transitional" pairs when I lose another 10 lbs.).

4) It's okay if I don't lose every single week, as long as I keep eating well.

Sometimes, you just hit a rough patch...it's not the end of the world. This is more of an emotional one (thanks Aunt Flo) than a physical one for me. After all, I'm already almost a quarter of the way to my goal and I will succeed, even if I feel "off" for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment