Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Something's Gotta Give

Remember that "mood" I was in when I last posted? Well, I'm sorry to say that it has not gone away. Must be the curse still. I'm normally a pretty light-hearted person (admittedly with crotchety patches interjected here and there) but I'm feeling really ornery this week. And yes, I've gotten plenty of sleep although people keep asking me that. Apparently I have puffy eyes and it looks like I've "been up all night". Whatever.

I half thought about just lying and saying I was down another pound...just so I didn't have to explain myself, but you know I would never lie to you. So here goes. We had company in town all weekend and although I didn't eat super healthy, I didn't throw all caution to the wind either. Without getting into too much detail, because as I stated...I'm in no mood today, I will recap the highlights (or in this case, the low lights). Thursday night for dinner I had pizza - about 5 squares - 2 pepperoni and 3 Canadian bacon and pineapple (they were thin crust). I also had two glasses of Cabernet.

Friday I ate cereal for breakfast (think high fiber) with fat free milk and a tangerine. I also had coffee. One thing I will let you in on is that I have stopped using Splenda in my coffee and am getting used to just creamer. Hopefully someday I'll be able to cut that out too. I really admire all you black coffee drinkers out there - wish I could be as cool as you. For lunch I had pizza again (thin crust organic). I ate four slices - two chicken sausage and fennel and two roasted garlic and kale. I also had a small summer salad with vinaigrette. To drink - iced green tea (I hope to make this a more frequent occurrence - loved it). For dinner that night I had tequila lime chicken fettuccine. I won't even try to justify this....other than to reiterate that I had family in town and I didn't pick the menu. Alas, it wasn't even whole wheat pasta.

Saturday I can't remember what I had for breakfast or lunch (sad face here). No, I did not write it down or anything this weekend for that matter. Do you have to bust my chops on everything? Sheesh. For dinner that night we had all the relatives over and made pulled pork sandwiches (with bbq sauce). I also had some potato chips and dip. Furthermore, I had two grape vodka and Pellegrino drinks (thus the lapse in judgment about the chips and dip). Pretty healthy as far as alcohol goes. My parents brought over dessert - chocolate molten cake and ice cream. This is probably my favorite dessert of all time and I did not have one bite. Impressive methinks.

Sunday I had chicken chow mein at brunch (don't even ask) and it was really salty and delicious. I didn't make it so I'm not really sure about the extent of how healthy (or unhealthy) it was, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Sunday night for dinner I had a hamburger on the grill (topped with cheese) - it was organic, lean meat. I did have a whole wheat bun. On the side, I had baked beans, asparagus and a few pickles.

Yesterday I had cereal with fat free milk and a banana for breakfast. I also had a tall Starbucks non-fat vanilla latte. For lunch I had Subway - 6" wheat with turkey and ham, a little bit of mayo and lettuce. No chips and water to drink. For dinner last night we had steak and I'll admit, I pigged out. I was starving. I also had TWO helpings of garlic mashed potatoes and some corn. I used real butter on both the potatoes and corn. Shameless...I know.

In a nutshell, I'm still the same weight I was last week but I'm not sure if it's because of the water weight (associated with my "friend") or because I haven't really "dieted" this week. Either way, it sucks. And there you have it. Tune in next time where your author promises to get a hold of herself and embrace her (formerly) positive attitude!

2 comments:

  1. Everyone has bad weeks . . . today is a new day! Many of these meals contained enough calories for one day :(....but this is coming from a woman who ate leftover cake TWICE yesterday. I guess my only suggestion is: Stop with the pizza! :-) One slice is all you get of any pizza, ever. One. It's about 1/4 of your caloric intake for the day...thin crust. Don't even ask about thick crust...I know, so unfair!! Hang in there. I used to eat like this too, I totally understand!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camie - I just love the way you put things!!

    ReplyDelete